2016 President's Letter
Jim Baxley, President
December 14, 2015
Hello Fellow IT Leaders,
Connect. Develop. Engage. We introduced this theme in 2015 and the chapter embraced it fully! Take a look at how we lived out this vision and what’s ahead for next year.
2015: We did great things - together!
With a successful 2015 behind us, I want to pause and recognize the accomplishments of the chapter this year:
- Over 128 members now call SIM-RTP their group of choice
- Members engaged with the community for over 180 hours of service
- Over a hundred members and partners made the 12th Annual SIM-RTP Charity Golf Tournament one of our best yet, raising over $23,000 for Community Outreach
- More than 235 IT Leaders gathered at the CIO Forum, one of the best in recent memory, raising an additional $7,500.
The SIM-RTP Chapter Leaders have made this an outstanding year. And your outreach to the community with the Kramden Geek-a-Thon shows you are willing to engage. Thank you!
2016: Keep Moving Forward.
How will you Connect? Develop? Engage? Here’s just a summary of how SIM-RTP is changing the game for today’s IT Leaders and the next, all while building a strong community:
- Multiple Choice - We will keep having Lunches, Happy Hours, and even a Book Club in addition to our compelling dinner programs.
- Bigger than just you - Combine networking, professional development, and philanthropy by working with a small team engaging with students and other technology leaders. BDPA, AoIT, Kramden Geek-a-Thons, NC State, and other groups need us!
- Connect the Dots - we are in development of several programs that will allow us to live out our mission to develop the next generation of STEM leaders. Stay tuned for an exciting announcement in 2016!
Visit simrtp.org for the full calendar and details so you can plan your year of engagement. If you can’t tell, I’m pretty excited about what we will all do together in 2016!
If you are a member, thank you! You are part of an incredible community. Use this letter as a reminder of why you value SIM, and motivation to renew if you haven’t already! If you are not yet a member, I encourage you to carefully consider joining this special group of people. Feel free to join me and the leadership team at any of our monthly leader meetings or contact me.
Looking forward to connecting with you,